There are newer employer reviews for Genentech

I feel very lucky to be a Genentech employee.

Current Employee - Clinical Specialist  in  South San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Clinical Specialist in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Genentech

Pros

Diversity and culture are celebrated at Genentech.

Cons

Often times employees are required to work long hours, this affects requesting time off when projects need to be completed. It also affects sabbatical time off.

There must be a better way in documenting our work instead of entering it into several different applications, reports, spreadsheets, etc. It's redundant and time consuming.

784 Other Employee Reviews for Genentech (View Most Recent)

Potentially great place to work.

Current Employee - Health Economist
    Current Employee - Health Economist

I have been working at Genentech

Pros

-Oncology product line
    -Great science
    -Hot company, great brand name
    -Generally good people can be found across the company in various divisions

Cons

Corporatization and growth. Trend of commercial dictating development too much. Potential buyout by Roche. The other thing to be aware of is the changing nature of the biopharma field in conjunction with the changing landscape of health system in the US. Biotech drugs are garnering increasing scrutiny due to price and companies like Genentech will be pushed to demonstrate value above and beyond what it has done so far. With regards to this the free ride is over.

Go back to what worked 10 years ago. Get involved with people issues and make tough decisions when it comes to human resources. In addition to the science, the people (and their motivation - satisfaction) make this company. People are willing to work very hard when they believe there is something greater than them at stake and worth pushing for.

Great place to work, I hope to survive the pending Roche takeover....

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Genentech

Pros

Great company, but change coming...TBD. I am proud of where I work, and I feel fortunate to work on a great team, while other teams in my dept. are not so attractive. The work atmosphere is excellent, and the company treats people well. Some employees feel a sense of entitlement, and that can be annoying because some constantly complain. Some also have the attitude of playing the victim role when there is change. Change is constant! Learn to cope!

Cons

Change is unknown with the pending Roche deal. The uncertainty can be unnerving.

Greater consistency would be better.

There are newer employer reviews for Genentech

Worked for Genentech? Contribute to the Community!