Genentech

Outstanding

Current Employee - Medical Director in South San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Medical Director in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Genentech

Pros

Great benefits, smart people, great products. Diverse culture, women well represented in management. Overall, a supportive culture to work in . Great cafeteria, too.

Cons

Increased complexity since merger with Roche, lots of change in management / personelle in last year. Now a global company with more travel and global hours.

Management should be more visible like they were pre-merger. The company also needs to move on from the integration and continue to recruit highly talented people.

813 Other Employee Reviews for Genentech (View Most Recent)

Roche ruined it...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Genentech

Pros

Lots of opportunities to work with people internationally, travel and work on global projects

Cons

Benefits were cut, bonuses were cut, 6 - 7 am meetings most days and expected to work into the evenings and on email 24/7. No work life balance.

Find a way to make your new global environment work for your employees. You are burning us out and not finding any way to make it worth it for us to stay.

Genentech is an amazing place to work

Current Employee - ORDP Analyst in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - ORDP Analyst in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Genentech

Pros

Genentech really knows how to take care of its interns. There were so many opportunities to meet senior staff and talk to them about advice and general professional help.

Cons

There weren't any cons to working as an intern at Genentech. Maybe finding housing around the area for the summer and the chilliness.

My manager was amazing. He really took care of me from the beginning of my internship and it helped tremendously.

There are newer employer reviews for Genentech