There are newer employer reviews for Genera Corporation

Provide exposure, accountability, stretching has prepared me easy transition in my current role/position.

Former Employee - Product Specialist  in  Brea, CA
Former Employee - Product Specialist in Brea, CA

I worked at Genera Corporation

Pros

data/analytically driven, systematic with protocols and processes. knowledgeable and resourcesful team members, especially management (director and president). often encouraged us to use innovative thinking to continually refine strategies and processes behind product management, service and delivery to customers. great training programs. hindsight is 20/20 - knowing what i know now (in another company)... genera's overall compensation (salary, bonus, medical/health) is more competitive than my current, genera provides challenges/exposure to different scope/functions (i'm limited in my current role at new company - not enabling to grow/learn).

Cons

was there for 7 years.. difficult at beginning with so much to learn (product, proctocol, procedure, customers, markets), but this stretched me in a positive sense. might be difficult for other people with character to looking to do one thing only. this place may be too quiet for some (not good for jabber mouth - which can be annoying), as many employees are focused on their activites.

they do some annual group activity, but would be great to increase/frequent activities... especially for the top performers/contributors.

16 Other Employee Reviews for Genera Corporation (View Most Recent)

I'd stay away from this company

Former Employee - Product Specialist  in  Brea, CA
    Former Employee - Product Specialist in Brea, CA

I worked at Genera Corporation

Pros

- Visa Sponsorship in US
    - In between job

Cons

- Long squeezing hours
    - Extreme Micro Management, (they don't trust you)
    - Get ready to be humiliated out in the open
    - Low pay
    - zero job security, they can fire you without reason or notice
    - very low morale
    - Does not allow new ideas
    - No talking in the office
    - very high turn over rate,

Been in the company for few months and found out that this company is very poorly managed and surprised no one complained about it yet. They are specialized in hiring fresh college grads who needs visa to stay in the state and doesn't mind the way below market pay. a few unspoken rule:
    1. Keep your mouth shut in the office, or you won't last for 2 weeks
    2. You are not allowed to go out for lunch with coworkers because of the upper management do not want people to talk behind their back,
    3. Come in early and stay for extra 3~4 hrs is required even if you finish your work on time.
    4. No ideas allowed, they like people who follow their rules.
    5. get ready to be yell at out in the open, they do not treat employees with dignity.
    Company size is quite small, about 15 people in the office with extremely high turn over rate, for the few months I was there, counted 8 people had came and go in the office of 15 employees.
    Over all, I would not recommend this company to my friends.

Micro Managing/ Disorganized

I have been working at Genera Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice building, table tennis machine and bathroom.

Cons

Too much micro managing going on. Disorganized, low hourly wage for highly stressfull responsibilities. Belittling of employees by coworkers and management. Not a diverse workplace.

Get it together. Less of a high rate turnover if you just listen to your employees. Stop with the constant yelling and belittling of your employees, whether in english or your native tongue. Communicate within departments.

There are newer employer reviews for Genera Corporation

Worked for Genera Corporation? Contribute to the Community!