Generac Power Systems

Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Generac Power Systems

Great place to grow

I have been working at Generac Power Systems

Pros

Good place if you are a self starter and don't mind working hard

Cons

The corporate office could use major updating

Become more focused on the customers

64 Other Employee Reviews for Generac Power Systems (View Most Recent)

Not sure how it made the top places to work...it's still touted, even though that was many, many years ago.

I have been working at Generac Power Systems

Pros

The people are the best part. There are some very strong relationships that have been built and that make the company what it is today.

Cons

The company just went public but doesn't have leadership that is experienced implementing the necessary changes to move from a privately held company to a public company. Employees are very frustrated by both the lack of direction and constantly changing direction. Also, if you are looking for flexibility that allows for some work/life balance, do not come here. Benefits are so/so, vacation package is poor and you're told there is no negotiation, until you find out the person next to you was given 3 weeks.

Hire leaders that are have experience in a public company and not the home grown leaders you currently have who only have their experience from Generac to pull from.

Not So Great

I have been working at Generac Power Systems

Pros

If you don't like to work too hard, you don't have to. But if you do, they will always expect you to.

Cons

The benefits are horrible -- worst I've ever had. Upper management pushes their personal views on the employees. Many of the management team are elitist. If you don't have manager, vp, etc. in your title they will completely ignore you. Other depts love to scream and yell and don't see any problem in it. Pay scale is completly out of wack. There is no loyalty to people who have been there a long time....they will pay you less then someone coming in. You get strung along without any promotions or increases while the "big dogs" keep making more money. I used to love my job and have grown to not the more I work here.

Listen to the employees, all of them. Get out of the old mindset and move towards the future. And please, get better health care - it really is horrible.

There are newer employer reviews for Generac Power Systems