There are newer employer reviews for Generac Power Systems

Chaotic environment with no accountability

Former Employee - Supervisor
Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Generac Power Systems

Pros

Low stress and not demanding in terms of amount of hours worked. No accountability by mgmt for any work done so free to create own job description

Cons

No recognition for work completed. No input on career direction. No accountability by mgmt allowing other employees to coast and doing no real work.

There is no advice I have for mgmt since there is no team environment that would allow them to listen to advice.

49 Other Employee Reviews for Generac Power Systems (View Most Recent)

GPS

I worked at Generac Power Systems

Pros

Great opportunity to get into the power generation industry if that is what interests you. The company really is world-class in terms of leading the industry. The benefits package is very fair. The new CEO is younger and could potentially change some of the company's old ways.

Cons

The company is very "old boys club". Most of the upper managers have worked their way up in the company since it's early days (the company is only 50 years old) It is hard for young people to gain respect of managers, coworkers and company "lifers". The company is/was very very very antiquated in terms of work/life balance.
    At the time I left, there was no "flex-time". Meaning as a salaried employee you had to work until 5 every day no matter what or take vacation time. You couldn't for example, work 7-4:30 on a day if you had to make it to the kids' soccer games by 5.

Management certainly needs to respect and value education. They also should rapidly modernize the culture if they want to retain employees for the long term.

Certainly not cutting edge

Current Employee - Engineer I
    Current Employee - Engineer I

I have been working at Generac Power Systems full-time

Pros

A lot of the people who actually do the work here are great. Many employees have been here for 10-20+ years and it's most likely because this is an easy place to work if you don't want to be challenged, promoted, recognized for good work/ideas, etc. If you show up, do some work, don't cause problems, and go home - you could fly under the radar here forever.

Cons

There's absolutely no upward mobility. They hire Vice Presidents here 2-1 to workers, which I find hysterical. Ergonomics is a topic that goes unmentioned here. The working population is mostly age 50+. You can imagine what kind of values and ethics come along with that kind of group.

There are newer employer reviews for Generac Power Systems