Generac Power Systems

www.generac.com

Great place to make a career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Waukesha, WI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Pros

Generac recognizes and grows talent. It is a great place to work if you looking for career. Generac is every changing and growing which makes new opportunities possible on a regular basis. The senior staff is competent and full of people who lead by example. Continous improvement is a foucs in every area of the company.

Cons

If fancy offices and state of the art computers and phones are what you are looking for, Generac lacks these amenities. Salaries tend to only be about average.

Continue down the path we are headed. Growth and improvement are our keys to the future. A new headquarters would be nice (but not necessary).

Other reviews for Generac Power Systems

Beware

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Waukesha, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Pros

Company growing quickly in spite of the way it is managed. Lower level co-workers are great.

Cons

Management very elitist , if you don't have a VP in your title you are not one of the "Club"

Take care of the people who have given many years of service to the company

Generac's Management blows major chunks

Current Employee - Dealer Acquisitions  in  Whitewater, WI
    Current Employee - Dealer Acquisitions in Whitewater, WI

Pros

The best reason to work at Generac is if you are interested in the generator market and need experience.

Cons

Management doesn't know anything. They can't communicate to save their lives. We learn about job critical information a day before the public does. We, the employees, have to constantly make excuses for upper management. I don't think management isn't from the same planet as the rest of us. Turn over in our department is more than 50%. My report to doesn't know the product and her report to is even worse - and she reports to the president of the company! Some of her great lines are:
    1) We are make 360 degree changes from what we used to do.
    2) Double $150 is $250!
    3) I really can see people having on average $46,000.00 in disposable income.

I think the biggest thing for senior management is to stop playing intra office politic's games. It seems like all they are trying to do is keep their jobs as they fire people below them.

There are newer employer reviews for Generac Power Systems.

Worked for Generac Power Systems? Contribute to the Community!