Not So Great

I have been working at Generac Power Systems

Pros

If you don't like to work too hard, you don't have to. But if you do, they will always expect you to.

Cons

The benefits are horrible -- worst I've ever had. Upper management pushes their personal views on the employees. Many of the management team are elitist. If you don't have manager, vp, etc. in your title they will completely ignore you. Other depts love to scream and yell and don't see any problem in it. Pay scale is completly out of wack. There is no loyalty to people who have been there a long time....they will pay you less then someone coming in. You get strung along without any promotions or increases while the "big dogs" keep making more money. I used to love my job and have grown to not the more I work here.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees, all of them. Get out of the old mindset and move towards the future. And please, get better health care - it really is horrible.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

You get out what you put in

I have been working at Generac Power Systems

Pros

Generac is a community . There are 2 types of people that work here: Individuals that strive and work to better themselves for their own reward and those who work here to better the company, the product and customers thus making themselves and their fellow employees better and succesful. Those individuals that are here for only their benefit will not be successful or enjoy their time here. This company is ever changing and in the last several years has made great strides in employee communication, career counseling, new product development and customer satisfaction. Generac is also heavily involved in the local communites where their plants are located.

Cons

If you're looking to be put on a pedastal and praised for doing a job that you earn a salary for you're in the wrong company for no one here is successful without the help of others. It's a team effort.

Advice to Management

Continue evolving and changing with the times. Continue to listen to your employees and customers.

Chaotic environment with no accountability

Former Employee - Supervisor
    Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Generac Power Systems

Pros

Low stress and not demanding in terms of amount of hours worked. No accountability by mgmt for any work done so free to create own job description

Cons

No recognition for work completed. No input on career direction. No accountability by mgmt allowing other employees to coast and doing no real work.

Advice to Management

There is no advice I have for mgmt since there is no team environment that would allow them to listen to advice.