Generac Power Systems
www.generac.com Waukesha, WI 1000 to 5000 Employees

Not sure how it made the top places to work...it's still touted, even though that was many, many years ago.

I have been working at Generac Power Systems

ProsThe people are the best part. There are some very strong relationships that have been built and that make the company what it is today.

ConsThe company just went public but doesn't have leadership that is experienced implementing the necessary changes to move from a privately held company to a public company. Employees are very frustrated by both the lack of direction and constantly changing direction. Also, if you are looking for flexibility that allows for some work/life balance, do not come here. Benefits are so/so, vacation package is poor and you're told there is no negotiation, until you find out the person next to you was given 3 weeks.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire leaders that are have experience in a public company and not the home grown leaders you currently have who only have their experience from Generac to pull from.

Not So Great

I have been working at Generac Power Systems

Pros: If you don't like to work too hard, you don't have… Cons: The benefits are horrible -- worst I've ever had. Upper management pushes their personal views on the employees. Many of the management team are elitist.… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the employees, all of them. Get out of the old mindset and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

You get out what you put in

I have been working at Generac Power Systems

Pros: Generac is a community . There are 2 types of people that work here: Individuals that strive and work to better themselves for… Cons: If you're looking to be put on a pedastal and praised for doing a job that you earn a salary for… Advice to Senior Management: Continue evolving and changing with the times. Continue to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Generac Power Systems.

Worked for Generac Power Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Generac Power Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Generac Power Systems CEO Aaron Jagdfeld. All reviews posted anonymously by Generac Power Systems employees.