There are newer employer reviews for General Atomics Aeronautical Systems

A great and stable place to work!

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at General Atomics Aeronautical Systems

Pros

The job security is stable and secure. The work is very interesting. It's great to know that my work is making a difference in the war. The company pays market salaries, and a pension that is money set aside for you, not future debt obligations. The company is growing, allowing a decent potential for upward mobility. There is 401k matching and a killer health insurance plan. I can't complain about these benefits.

Cons

No stock since it is a private company. A bit crowded as the company grows. IT policies are a bit too strict. The environment is stiff compared to many other commercial companies.

A slight easing of some of the IT policies would be nice.

94 Other Employee Reviews for General Atomics Aeronautical Systems (View Most Recent)

Stuck in neutral

Current Employee - IT  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - IT in San Diego, CA

I have been working at General Atomics Aeronautical Systems

Pros

Doing important work that makes a difference

Cons

Lower than market pay, erratic management structure

Look around outisde

General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Review

Current Employee - Project Engineer
    Current Employee - Project Engineer

I have been working at General Atomics Aeronautical Systems

Pros

Great technology, Job security, incredibly intelligent workforce, an entrepeneurial environment, plenty of autonomy.

Cons

Lack of communication from senior management on company direction. Silo environments surrounding different groups. It is difficult to find information from different groups/locations.

Outstanding job in creating and maintaining new business. You have an insight into your customer that I think the customer wishes they had. You run this company with an entrepeneurial spirit but as we grow I would like see more opportunities for advancement within the company. A management training program would be ideal which would allow for participants to work across several functions to gain an understanding of the whole company. Great job so far.

There are newer employer reviews for General Atomics Aeronautical Systems

Worked for General Atomics Aeronautical Systems? Contribute to the Community!