General Atomics
www.ga.com San Diego, CA 5000+ Employees

Taking advantage of down economy

Technician III (Current Employee)
Poway, CA

I have been working at General Atomics

ProsFlexible working conditions. Onsite health facility. Easy use of granted time off for personal reasons. Located away from the hustle and bustle of downtown San Diego. Every other Friday is off with the 9hr work days.

ConsCompletely taking advantage of down economy and not willing to pay what employees are worth. Recruitment process was worst and most unprofessional I've experienced. Never available, never return phone calls or emails, and very lazy approach with questions.

Advice to Senior ManagementLittle to no communication between management and employees. Overall lack of accountability on employees. General sense of a lack of urgency in process improvement. "That's the way we've always done it" approach. Great product with great future success but will be eventually crippled by the lack of better mid-level management, training, and mentorship programs.

shockingly dissapointed in supervisor naive, lack of, intellegence, organization and care for anything including the co.

Adelanto, CA

I have been working at General Atomics

Pros: The longtime emps. that made, "G.A," what it is. The proudness you feel to be a part of something… Cons: within the last year,many supervisor hires with very little knowledge of there job and or common sense. Drone-like emps. (flocks of sheep). Hired… Advice to Senior Management: Stop hiring supervisors on the, "buddy", system. Try hiring them for there knowledge, skill… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work during recession

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA

I worked at General Atomics

Pros: Great benefits, country-club like campus, job security Cons: Career advancement is glacial. You either have to wait until A) some one dies, B) some one retires, or C) you've reached your salary cap… Advice to Senior Management: Pay attention to, and promote talented employees. Clear out the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on General Atomics.

Worked for General Atomics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Atomics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for General Atomics CEO Neal Blue. All reviews posted anonymously by General Atomics employees.