General Atomics
www.ga.com San Diego, CA 5000+ Employees

Poor Management running the solid employees out

Engineer (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at General Atomics full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMy coworkers make the day worth starting at this company. If it wasn't for these good people I would dread walking up in the morning.

ConsThe management. This company has the worst management style, structure and management maturity I have been witnessed in 15 years of my professional career. Leadership is not present, nor is questioning an obvious poor decision tolerated in a professional manor. Belittling, degrading and alienating employees is a common theme for directors, managers and senior management including VP's.

Advice to Senior ManagementFrom top to bottom on the management team, learn what a successful manager is and how to encourage employees and help grow the company in the positive way.

A great job in the high desert

Palmdale, CA

I have been working at General Atomics full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good pay, easy work, nice atmosphere, decent benefits Cons: Benefits are kinda expensive, mandatory over time, some co workers… Advice to Senior Management: Your doing a great job. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Disappointing

Manufacturing (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at General Atomics full-time

Pros: Friendly people. Dominating company in UAV market, in addition to growing use of UAV drones in warfare, which results in very good job security. Good… Cons: If you want best and all of the benefits, it's going to cost you some money. Irrelevant training. Poor management. Extremely little career mobility. Some… Advice to Senior Management: There should be more incentive for promotion and job transition. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on General Atomics.

Worked for General Atomics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Atomics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for General Atomics CEO Neal Blue. All reviews posted anonymously by General Atomics employees.