General Atomics

There are newer employer reviews for General Atomics

Seniority is king

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at General Atomics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits (medical and dental insurance, pension, 401K) with above average vacation time and stable job security. Campuses are very well kept and a great location in San Diego.

Cons

No real incentive to better yourself. If you do the minimum required work you will be treated the same as those that go above and beyond. Compensation is very seniority based with arbitrary performance review cycles. I would not recommend this to anyone with career ambition.

Reward those that work hard and deliver. Quality and quantity of work should be the main compensation driver, not how long you have been with the company.

83 Other Employee Reviews for General Atomics (View Most Recent)

Poor management and care for employees

Former Employee - A&P Specialist
    Former Employee - A&P Specialist

I worked at General Atomics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, pension. Working on a leading edge of aviation

Cons

leadership was poor, lack of experienced management. The people in charge are only in charge because they were there first, not because they are the most qualified. Lots of dissatisfied employees. No attempts at retaining experienced/senior employees. Morale is very bad and contagious. They've had a mass exodus of employees in the last year.

Pay was average, perhaps slightly below.

Take care of your people! There are some very simple, inexpensive things that could be done to turn around the morale. Really isn't about the money, it's about making happy employees.

Wonderful

Current Employee - Administrative in Palmdale, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative in Palmdale, CA

I have been working at General Atomics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Company, Nice people, Great Pay and Benefits

Cons

I cant really say that I have any cons to say about this employer except at the time when I made the decision to leave voluntarily due to personal/ family reasons, when asking HR for a leave of absence they did not have any stress related reason that I was eligible for. It was upsetting because I did not want to leave General Atomic s because I knew my situation at that time would only be temporary.

There are newer employer reviews for General Atomics