General Atomics

www.ga.com
There are newer employer reviews for General Atomics

They run the place like the Military

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at General Atomics

Pros

Ability to transfer to the ASI division.

Cons

Management not fully engaged with employees.

Talk to your indirect reports to get a full understanding of what is going on with the departments and business.

197 Other Employee Reviews for General Atomics (View Most Recent)

Out of 45 year career (so far), best by far.

Former Employee - Electrical Engineer IV in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Electrical Engineer IV in San Diego, CA

I worked at General Atomics

Pros

By GOD, We helped get Ben Lauden. I started as an undegreed tech and worked my way to Electrical Engineer 4 in 4 years. This place gave me the freedom to excel in my chosen field. There were no limits and no glass ceiling for undegreed engineers. I have carried this experience forward to fuel cell controls, nuclear reactor robotics, and wind turbine controls. GA-ASI was my springboard.

Cons

San Diego commutes are a real pain. Some days you cannot make it to work if you live in certain areas. No other negative comments.

Keep up the good work. Your role in the world is being rewarded. You provide the tools to make our country a much safer place in this insane world.

Good, Solid Company that makes UAVs "The Predator"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

I have been working at General Atomics

Pros

GA-ASI is a growing, solid company that offers good benefits including a pension plan. Nice work environment and room for growth. Compensation is decent. One of the best benefits is the 9/80 schedule (work 9 hours everyday and get every other Friday off).

Cons

Lots of politics and favoritism. There is some hostility between the different GA divisons and power struggles. The company is growing fast and growing pains are obvious.

Communitcation is poor and there are some big ego's at the higher levels. Encourage and develop collaboration and cooperation amongst management and between the different divisions.

There are newer employer reviews for General Atomics