General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems

www.gd-ais.com
  www.gd-ais.com
There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems

Worst company I have ever worked for - stay away!

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Pittsfield, MA
Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Pittsfield, MA

I worked at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Somewhat flexible work schedule, mostly challenging work

Cons

Lack of a competitive benefits package, poor pay increases - always blaming the need to stay competitive, while senior staff reap great dividends from contract incentives. I have worked for General Electric, Martin Marietta, Lockheed Martin and then General Dynamics over a 40 year career both as an hourly worker to a Senior Engineer, General Dynamics was by far the worst. GD took all our benefits away since taking over our plant. Ethics is just a poster on the wall!

Wake up or you will lose this business

170 Other Employee Reviews for General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems (View Most Recent)

GDAIS

I worked at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems full-time

Pros

good people to work with

Cons

not many opportunities to advance

Better Communications

Losing focus

Current Employee - Recruiter in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

GDAIS employs some of the best engineers and developers I have ever encountered. Most of the technical people at GDAIS are creative, hard working employees who take ownership and pride in their work. They are among the best people I have ever worked with.

Cons

Entrenched management with no vision has caused nearly irreparable harm to this great company. The purchase of non-aligned businesses has watered down the core strengths and products of the company. Pursuing "flavor of the day" business areas where they are competing with much more recognized and capable companies will be a losing proposition for GDAIS.

The IT organization is lacking strong leadership. Gartner really runs the organization. IT management is more focused on avoiding blame than providing innovative solutions to their business customers within AIS. Lately, the cost cutting efforts have driven a number of bad decisions that will ultimately cost the company much more that they will ever save.

Narrow your focus. Shake up your internal organziations by replacing the heads of IT, Security and Finance. This will have the added benefit of creating opportunities for more creative, ambitious employees to demonstrate their abilities.