General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems

www.gd-ais.com

Great then terrible

Engineer (Former Employee) Pittsfield, MA

ProsA good place to work for internships and new grads. The 9/80 work schedule (9 hrs/day, every other Friday off) is really nice.

ConsNot a good place for mid/senior level employees. These are the people that get laid off first when DoD/Govt budgets get cut on a yearly basis. Benefits WERE very good in 2007, but have been cut drastically every year since.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company organization is laiden with problems. The matrix organization where a person doesn't really work for their boss affects promotions and personal growth. A matrix organization can work, if the functional managers keep a close eye on what their people are doing. I have more than 20 years of experience and at one point I was working for a 20-something new grad that had no clue.
I was always impressed with SENIOR management, but middle management has much to be desired, and these are the people that directly impact personal growth.

Big Company

Lead Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Fairfax, VA

I worked at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: I spent the beginning years of my career at GD. It allowed me to grow into quite a robust engineer over 10 years, developing… Cons: Every year that I worked at GD, there were layoffs. Even though the building was well maintained, it has been going through a remodeling phase for… Advice to Senior Management: Promote people when they deserve it instead of waiting for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Very rewarding.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros: Work is very interesting and quite unique. Cons: Benefits are ok, could be better. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems.

Worked for General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems? Contribute to the Community!