General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems

www.gd-ais.com
Unclaimed Profile
There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems

It was OK. Salary OK, but they reduce benefits frequently. There 6 years and only got 3 weeks of PTO.

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pittsfield, MA
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pittsfield, MA

I worked at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Love the flex time. Every other Friday off! I enjoyed the work. Good fellow employees.

Cons

Bids are too low forcing people to work A LOT of unpaid OT. They take away benefits every year. After working there 6 years, I had the same amount of PTO as when I was hired (3 weeks). I wouldn't have gotten any more until I was there 10 years, and it would have only been two days more. Sad.

You can't retain the younger crowd by limiting PTO and taking away benefits. Your people work hard for you, if you want to keep them, make it attractive.

reviews filtered by
  1. Okay

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Pittsfield, MA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Pittsfield, MA

I worked at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Dynamic and diverse environment. Best people I have ever worked with.

Cons

Salaries are so great. Some managers don't know what's going on. work is exciting but repetitive. I did the same thing for over 2years. It became boring.

Learn a little more about engineer not just the business side

2. Senior Systems Engineer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I worked at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great Co-Workers, pretty good Work Life Balance

Cons

GD is a great ROI stock but does not let it's employees take that many risks on the job.