General Dynamics C4 Systems
www.gdc4s.com Scottsdale, AZ 5000+ Employees

GDC4 Systems - a great place to work and learn!

Program Manager (Current Employee)
Bloomington, MN

ProsGeneral Dynamics has many programs that are on the cutting edge technology - even though most of these programs are military/aerospace oriented. The company has many opportunities for career and professional development -- managers never say no to requests for classes or college work. The workplace is very collegial -- the coworkers are very pleasant to work with; people will stop what they are doing to help you.

GD is also very process oriented. It helps bring discipline into an otherwise chaotic technology development cycle.

ConsGD has only one major customer - the US Government. Therefore, there is some risk in long term career prospects although many of my colleagues are 20 year veterans in the company. The company achieves product diversity by being in a number of defense programs -- hoping that even if one or two get cancelled, the other programs will balance out the losses.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more openly and honestly about state of organization, prospects for the future (less rah-rah, more realism). Try harder to get inter division co-operation going. My biggest gripe is that the geographically dispersed divisions are sometimes fighting each other instead of working together.

I love my job, despite it's minor downfalls

Operations Senior (Current Employee)

I have been working at General Dynamics C4 Systems

Pros: There are lots of opportunities to expand your knowledge beyond… Cons: Upper management sometimes makes decisions costing the company tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars, whereas… Advice to Senior Management: Stop the slow but consistent removal of employee benefits and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Decent place to work, but don't expect a lot of growth in career and salary

Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Needham, MA

I have been working at General Dynamics C4 Systems

Pros: Projects can be interesting and tend do be very focused, so… Cons: Too much process for the sake of process. The culture does not encourage innovation. Very limited growth opportunities mean that the best and brightest leave.… Advice to Senior Management: Ensure employees are happy in what they are doing. Give… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on General Dynamics C4 Systems.

Worked for General Dynamics C4 Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Dynamics C4 Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for General Dynamics C4 Systems CEO Chris Marzilli. All reviews posted anonymously by General Dynamics C4 Systems employees.