There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics C4 Systems

Management has NO Clue how to cope with the current environment

Current Employee - SW Engineer  in  Scottsdale, AZ
Current Employee - SW Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at General Dynamics C4 Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Solid technical team. If you're in the right place and tied to the right programs, they are well resourced...but increasingly less so.

Cons

The most unimaginative senior management crew you will find in a company this size. Shockingly so"

They have an incredible set of technical skills and assets available to them, but seem oblivious to the need to enter new markets not facing the budgetary constraints caused by being tied almost completely to DoD spending. Instead of leveraging their capabilities to expand into new markets, they're hoping to get a bigger share of a shrinking pie - and doing so while mercilessly and almost randomly jettisoning experienced and capable people.

It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

Try to grasp that while you have to control costs, you cannot cut your way to growth, earnings or long-term profitability. Step back and figure out how to prosper in a post-defense-budget growth environment. Foster creativity, not a "keep your head down" mentality.

374 Other Employee Reviews for General Dynamics C4 Systems (View Most Recent)

Staff Engineer

I worked at General Dynamics C4 Systems

Pros

The moving assistance was great

Cons

old technology. highly politicize workplace. Most managers are out of touch; don't understand who has talent and who only can kiss up to their boss. If you are assigned to a "selfish, unfair" team lead then your life in the company is going to be miserable.

I had both good and bad team leads. But I am very surprised that my direct manager/section manger never really talk to me.

Need to get more involved with everyone in the team. Don't keep yourself in your office.

Depressing Outlook

Current Employee - Systems Engineer II  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer II in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at General Dynamics C4 Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The folks here are friendly, helpful, and enjoyable to work with. There's a great culture, even without a deep immersion. If you're stuck or need to reach out for help outside of your project scope, I've learned that people are invariably willing to assist.

Cons

The current economic crises have taken a toll on compensation and morale. In early 2013 Senior Management nixed merit-based pay increases for at least this year, and in 2012 they reduced PTO earnings. The rate of employment attrition is staggeringly high, but fresh college graduates are being hired semi-annually. I don't have the impression that there is any hope for real career progression.

There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics C4 Systems

Worked for General Dynamics C4 Systems? Contribute to the Community!