There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics C4 Systems

6 people found this helpful

Business going down the tubes along with Defense budget

  • Comp & Benefits
  • Work/Life Balance
  • Senior Management
  • Culture & Values
  • Career Opportunities
Former Employee - Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ
Former Employee - Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at General Dynamics C4 Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Some really great technical folks working in the trenches of the projects.

Cons

Too many managers pushing papers and processes. Top management has little regard for those doing the actual work. Benefits are less and less each year. Top 10% (primarily managers) of workforce belongs to a secret 'bonus club' which earns large bonuses each year. The other 90% gets no bonus or perhaps only an occasional slice of pizza for lunch or turkey lunch and handshake during the holidays.

Advice to ManagementAdvice

Share the profits with all workers and trim the management staff.

Doesn't Recommend
Negative Outlook
Disapproves of CEO

General Dynamics C4 Systems Response

Apr 28, 2014HR Operations

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review; we greatly appreciate your feedback and more than ten years of work with our company. GDC4S is proud of its extensive benefits package, in addition ... More

reviews filtered by
  • Any Location
  • Any Job Title
  1. 6 people found this helpful

    Wandering in the desert….will they find themselves before it is too late???

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

    I worked at General Dynamics C4 Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

    Pros

    Good compensation and benefits, although the benefits have been reduced somewhat significantly in the past 3 years. Most employees are competent and dedicated.

    Cons

    The company has gone too far in workforce reduction, to the point that their ability to execute on existing contracts is jeopardized. A few absolutely critical people have been "released" by managers who were put into their positions recently and really didn't know their people or who the strongest performers were; hence they laid off resources critical to on-going work. The "survivors" are now truly over-worked. Acquisitions over the past several years have almost all turned out to have been major mistakes. But, there has been almost no accountability for these mistakes.

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    Right-size the senior management. While the company has reduced its workforce dramatically over the past 3 years, the VPs have only played musical chairs; there has been no corresponding reduction in the number of VPs. Some VPs are now in charge of functional areas in which they have no experience or expertise.

    Doesn't Recommend
    Negative Outlook
    Disapproves of CEO
  2. 7 people found this helpful

    gd sucks

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Needham, MA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Needham, MA

    I have been working at General Dynamics C4 Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

    Pros

    none other than drawing a salary to pay the bills

    Cons

    slave shop takes what they can form employees and discards them when done

    Doesn't Recommend
    Negative Outlook
    Disapproves of CEO
There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics C4 Systems

Work at General Dynamics C4 Systems? Share Your Experiences

General Dynamics C4 Systems

 
Click to Rate
or

Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.