General Dynamics C4 Systems

www.gdc4s.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics C4 Systems

General Dynamics C4 Systems lacks strategic vision and manages via the "good old boy network".

Current Employee - IT Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
Current Employee - IT Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at General Dynamics C4 Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

GD pays well for the area, they support flexible work options including telecommuting, and their products help keep soldiers safe.

Cons

Opportunities for women and minorities are limited, the company is struggling to capitalize on its portfolio, and it has been laying off staff for 3 years with no end in sight.

Employees need to know there is some plan for the future that involves more than just layoffs.

General Dynamics C4 Systems Response

Apr 28, 2014HR Operations

Thank you for your review. We will be sure to send your advice to our senior staff and internal communications so that they may better communicate with employees about the company’s outlook. If you ... More

405 Other Employee Reviews for General Dynamics C4 Systems (View Most Recent)

Good ole boys club

Former Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at General Dynamics C4 Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to ride the bus to retirement.

Cons

Treat salary employees like hourly right up to the point where hourly employees get paid overtime. Terrible culture. Treat employees poorly. Constantly taking benefits away from employees. Little to no growth potential.

Retire! All the old management needs to retire and get some fresh heads in there that can look past "the way it's always been". Right now I'd say there isn't a more dead-end engineering company in Phoenix. Chris Marzilli is the worst CEO I've ever had the displeasure of working for. He spreads the culture of devaluing the employees. He's been poison to C4S.

Generally ok, wide mix of project/people quality

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at General Dynamics C4 Systems full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good work/life balance.
    Some work is exciting and makes a difference.
    Some very good people down in the ranks -- talented and care about what they're doing.

Cons

Upper management is out of touch -- they get bonuses while our salaries are frozen and benefits cut.
    Some projects are tedious, boring, and poorly managed.
    2014 isn't a good time to be a defense contractor.

Share the pain; stop painting rosy pictures for investors while pushing employees to keep doing more with less. Branch out from defense contracting -- the handwriting is on the wall! Try harder to insulate the teams that are rocking.

General Dynamics C4 Systems Response

Apr 28, 2014HR Operations

We are continually impressed by the ingenuity and creativity of our engineers, especially during these tough financial times when we often ask our engineers to be more cost efficient while continuing ... More

There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics C4 Systems