General Dynamics C4 Systems

There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics C4 Systems

Great internship experience!

Former Employee - Strategic Planning Intern in Arlington, VA
Former Employee - Strategic Planning Intern in Arlington, VA

I worked at General Dynamics C4 Systems as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Gave a wide range of experience, great on a resume, encourages continuous learning

Cons

Not always a job secured after interning even if they want you

386 Other Employee Reviews for General Dynamics C4 Systems (View Most Recent)

Govt Cuts Hurt

I have been working at General Dynamics C4 Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great salary and benefits. Very interesting defense-type work. Good people, very professional. Hours are flexible and accommodating. Work-life balance is encouraged.

Cons

Because of cutbacks in govt funding, layoffs are common place. Workloads have increased substantially in the last 3 years.

Recommend sharing the wealth from other parts of the company to support the R&D in the emerging areas where C4 has core expertise and years of experience. Focus more effort on winning new business.

General Dynamics C4 Systems Response

Apr 28, 2014HR Operations

We’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your work; we want all of our employees to have pride in their jobs. We agree that government cuts hurt, and we are doing our best to work through this ... More

General Dynamics C4 Systems lacks strategic vision and manages via the "good old boy network".

Current Employee - IT Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at General Dynamics C4 Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

GD pays well for the area, they support flexible work options including telecommuting, and their products help keep soldiers safe.

Cons

Opportunities for women and minorities are limited, the company is struggling to capitalize on its portfolio, and it has been laying off staff for 3 years with no end in sight.

Employees need to know there is some plan for the future that involves more than just layoffs.

General Dynamics C4 Systems Response

Apr 28, 2014HR Operations

Thank you for your review. We will be sure to send your advice to our senior staff and internal communications so that they may better communicate with employees about the company’s outlook. If you ... More

There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics C4 Systems