General Dynamics Electric Boat
www.gdeb.com Groton, CT 5000+ Employees

Wonderful

Mechanical Engineer I (Current Employee)
New London, CT

I have been working at General Dynamics Electric Boat full-time for less than a year

ProsBenefits, and the people around here. My group is very informative and work well together. The wealth of knowledge and ability to learn from others here is incredible.

ConsLocation, kind of unfortunate area of New London, but things have been improving. I hear of slow promotion and raises as well, but don't know first hand yet.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs usual, if its true, promote or issue raises based on merit as opposed to length of time worked there.

Evolving

Engineer II (Current Employee)
New London, CT

I have been working at General Dynamics Electric Boat full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Flextime, ability to do what you want, the people Cons: compensation, holidays, work life balance Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Many opportunities to do different things.

Principal Engineer (Current Employee)
New London, CT

I have been working at General Dynamics Electric Boat full-time for more than a year

Pros: Stable employment and good salary. Plenty of opportunities to make lateral moves to… Cons: Difficult for mid-career people who have not grown up in the company to advance. Culture is a bit resentful to people who did… Advice to Senior Management: Improve salaried employee benefits such as vacation time. 40 hours annually for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on General Dynamics Electric Boat.

Worked for General Dynamics Electric Boat? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Dynamics Electric Boat reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for General Dynamics Electric Boat CEO Jeffrey S. Geiger . All reviews posted anonymously by General Dynamics Electric Boat employees.