General Dynamics Electric Boat

There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Electric Boat

Wonderful

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer I in New London, CT
Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer I in New London, CT

I have been working at General Dynamics Electric Boat full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Benefits, and the people around here. My group is very informative and work well together. The wealth of knowledge and ability to learn from others here is incredible.

Cons

Location, kind of unfortunate area of New London, but things have been improving. I hear of slow promotion and raises as well, but don't know first hand yet.

As usual, if its true, promote or issue raises based on merit as opposed to length of time worked there.

85 Other Employee Reviews for General Dynamics Electric Boat (View Most Recent)

Great company in a poor area

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Groton, CT
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Groton, CT

I have been working at General Dynamics Electric Boat full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive pay, find your niche easily, great rotation program, phenomenal HR department, company is consistently profitable, and great job security

Cons

Area is not for younger individuals, many employees become complacent and make it difficult to work with them, not for foreign nationals or any non US citizens

Need better young employee retention

Control over your own destiny

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Groton, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Groton, CT

I have been working at General Dynamics Electric Boat full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

You can basically pick your direction. If you want to climb in the company, there are options available to do that. If you want to sit and do next to nothing for the work week, they have jobs for that too. It's a big company with a lot of resources and internal job opportunities. The product is great too.

Cons

There seems to be a lack of appreciation for those who work hard. Parking isn't great. Business is subject to the fluctuations of military contracts.

Spend more time recognizing those who work the hardest. Do this more frequently.

There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Electric Boat