General Dynamics Information Technology

www.gdit.com
  www.gdit.com
There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology

Work environment fosters team work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology

Pros

Compensation tends to be one of the best in the industry. Company culture values eperience, maintains a widely diverse workforce

Cons

Company tends to be somewhat provincial in their internal processes, though its management is focusing on improving it given its growth demands

511 Other Employee Reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology (View Most Recent)

Financially rewarding but no career growth

Current Employee - Program Manager in Camp Hill, PA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Camp Hill, PA

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology

Pros

Benefits are good and company extremely stable with good financial management

Cons

Petulant bosses with no management or leadership skills

Weed out bosses that do not encourage and support high performance

Challenging work, good employees, poor supervision too busy to engage with issues, pay employees more, managers less

Former Employee - Performance Improvement: I/O in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Performance Improvement: I/O in Orlando, FL

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology

Pros

Professional environment. good projects, adequate technical environment.Good quality co-workers.

Cons

Managers i dealt with were not technically competent. They have developed decision procedures for determining training systems types that are unsound and wrote these into contracts forcing employees to fabricate rationales for decisions due to invalid methods being used. Managers were overworked and did not make time to address issues nor to be informed of progress / problems with projects.Mgt seems to be a good ole boy/girl affair. The lead for my position was not competent to do the work. Pay was poor for my degree and experience and contribution. Co-workers were pulled from my project making it impossible to do the work. We were supposed to split a task. Never happened.

Pay executives and managers less; hire more lower level managers to reduce workload and ability to supervise their teams.

There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology