There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology

Client work means nothing to them

Former Employee - Systems Analyst
Former Employee - Systems Analyst

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology

Pros

Benefits are pretty good. Salary OK.

Cons

If you work on-site for your client as a GDIT employee you can expect minimal raise. Are you are pretty much disposable to GDIT. Once the client contract ends no one cares. Good luck with trying to find a job within GDIT or not.

493 Other Employee Reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology (View Most Recent)

I had a horrible boss and the HR dept at HR did nothing to help me or to diffuse the situation.

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst
    Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology

Pros

You may be able to share information from others that have worked with similar systems as yourself.

Cons

There isn't a "General Dynamics" way of doing Systems Analysis. Not even templates for doing a design review, requirements documents, etc. Upper Management was non existant most of the time. GDIT pretty much just won our contract with the government and did the administrative work. They left us out to dry when it came to support in doing our jobs.

Be more active with your employees and know what's going on. The management in my situation was pretty much "Helicopter Managers". They'd come and stir things up and then leave us with a mess to clean up.

Overall a positive experience

Former Employee - Systems Administrator
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology

Pros

Usually a positive work environment, decent pay, excellent medical benefits, educational benefits, two weeks paid vacation with the option to buy an additional week.

Cons

Didn't really see an room for career advancement, usually hired outside instead of promoting from within, lack of communication between leadership and employees, the buddy system is pretty bad

Communication is key. I would advise that leadership better communicate with their employees. Reward deserving people with promotions instead of hiring someone from another location.

There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology