General Dynamics Information Technology

www.gdit.com
  www.gdit.com
There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology

Good company to work for

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in New Orleans, LA
Former Employee - Systems Analyst in New Orleans, LA

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very Good Benefits
Very competitive salaries
Very large geographic opportunities

Cons

Unfortunately the bottom line is to make the client happy whether the path is right or wrong. This is just the nature of contracting, not necessarily GDIT's fault.
Not much technical competence in Management.

Get more involved with the Client, don't just take one person's word.

502 Other Employee Reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology (View Most Recent)

This company treats its people like puppets

Current Employee - Principal Programmer in Towson, MD
    Current Employee - Principal Programmer in Towson, MD

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Casual dress
    Work from home
    Free hot beverages

Cons

Some projects are poorly managed
    No sick time

Treat people as if they have feelings.

Great place to work, but you are on your own...once the contract ends...

Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Fairfax, VA

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The hiring process was seamless, good benefits, managers were good about hours and working remote. GDIT is a very structured organization, so there are very defined processes and procedures, but nothing over the top. Overall, a very good experience. If I was out of college again, and received an offer, I would take it in a heartbeat. I will miss this company.

Cons

Communication. I was advised that my program was being cancelled by one of our partner companies. Not sure what to say about that...where is the...transparency? That was three months ago, and I talked to my manager...twice since then...multiple attempts to contact, nothing in return, I still get a paycheck..so...not to mention, transparency...when something is going on in your program, and you are mid-level, expect to be the last to know.

Longevity. This is a federal contract-oriented company. Period. The Career Assistance Program is window-dressing (CAP is a program that gets you visibility when your contract ends or is cancelled for other opportunities). I watch very good people get hired, then leave because of funding every day. A total waste of capital.

You go to great lengths to hire good people, but where you lack, is retaining them. A good number of current employees perform functions remote...the CAP is not geared for that. With the company overhead...working remote and travel should not be an issue. You boast about overhead, but don't put it to good use.

There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology