www.gdit.com
  www.gdit.com
There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology

This company treats its people like puppets

Current Employee - Principal Programmer in Towson, MD
Current Employee - Principal Programmer in Towson, MD

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Casual dress
Work from home
Free hot beverages

Cons

Some projects are poorly managed
No sick time

Treat people as if they have feelings.

511 Other Employee Reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology (View Most Recent)

Great place to work, but you are on your own...once the contract ends...

Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Fairfax, VA

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The hiring process was seamless, good benefits, managers were good about hours and working remote. GDIT is a very structured organization, so there are very defined processes and procedures, but nothing over the top. Overall, a very good experience. If I was out of college again, and received an offer, I would take it in a heartbeat. I will miss this company.

Cons

Communication. I was advised that my program was being cancelled by one of our partner companies. Not sure what to say about that...where is the...transparency? That was three months ago, and I talked to my manager...twice since then...multiple attempts to contact, nothing in return, I still get a paycheck..so...not to mention, transparency...when something is going on in your program, and you are mid-level, expect to be the last to know.

Longevity. This is a federal contract-oriented company. Period. The Career Assistance Program is window-dressing (CAP is a program that gets you visibility when your contract ends or is cancelled for other opportunities). I watch very good people get hired, then leave because of funding every day. A total waste of capital.

You go to great lengths to hire good people, but where you lack, is retaining them. A good number of current employees perform functions remote...the CAP is not geared for that. With the company overhead...working remote and travel should not be an issue. You boast about overhead, but don't put it to good use.

Current Employee - Supervisory Visual Information Specialist in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Supervisory Visual Information Specialist in Washington, DC

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Working within the General Dynamics Information Technology division has been both rewarding and challenging as onsite Technical Lead. The management support and technical training I received has been invaluable to my career. I've also received several significant financial bonus along the way for various projects I've been assigned to oversee. Flexible work environment: I worked four ten hour days giving me one day a week off.

Cons

Limited funding for TDY training/conference. I've had to ask the government supervisor to fund any TDY or travel outside of the immediate area.

Suggest incorporating TDY funding within the site contract to support government TDYs

There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology