General Dynamics Information Technology

www.gdit.com
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology

Good benefits, but limited opportunities from within

Current Employee - Senior Analyst, Functional in Rockville, MD
Current Employee - Senior Analyst, Functional in Rockville, MD

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits other than health plans are priced fairly and comprehensive. Evaluation process is fair and efficient. Friendly staff and management. Flexible with regards to personnel issues or FMLA needs.

Cons

It's very hard to move up within the company. Recruiters don't seem to help you try to move up within the company unless someone has specifically pegged you for a specific opening. All leave is lumped into one pile, so there if you need to take sick time or personal leave, it means less vacation time.

Advice to Management

Make it easier for current employees to climb the corporate ladder to better opportunities.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great Company

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Needham, MA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Needham, MA

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefit choices and access to tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Wish the headquarters were in the greater Boston area.

Lost in the numbers

Former Employee - Intelligence Analyst Training Specialist (35F) in Fort Huachuca, AZ

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A very large global corporation. This company (GDIT) is a large enough corportation that a person could climb the ladder if they want to switch carree fields.

Cons

I felt like I was just a number, a cog in the wheel. I must say that I was a training specialist and as such there was never any real room for advancement with in the company. GDIT management has too much trouble filling posistions at the school house, and will not allow anyone to advance beyond. I had to seek employment with another company to escape. The biggest problem is that GDIT does to much "Yes sir" for the immediate course manager(s) who are more concerned with a good bullet on reviews than they are with teaching students "How" to think.

Advice to Management

I never really felt like I was a part of something like a family. My immediate supervisor was great, but above him was just a large corporation. I never felt like the management had the nards to stand up to the course manager and tell him to back out of where he didn't belong... I was nothing more than a number.