There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology

Great Company

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Needham, MA
Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Needham, MA

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefit choices and access to tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Wish the headquarters were in the greater Boston area.

reviews filtered by

Lost in the numbers

Former Employee - Intelligence Analyst Training Specialist (35F) in Fort Huachuca, AZ

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A very large global corporation. This company (GDIT) is a large enough corportation that a person could climb the ladder if they want to switch carree fields.

Cons

I felt like I was just a number, a cog in the wheel. I must say that I was a training specialist and as such there was never any real room for advancement with in the company. GDIT management has too much trouble filling posistions at the school house, and will not allow anyone to advance beyond. I had to seek employment with another company to escape. The biggest problem is that GDIT does to much "Yes sir" for the immediate course manager(s) who are more concerned with a good bullet on reviews than they are with teaching students "How" to think.

I never really felt like I was a part of something like a family. My immediate supervisor was great, but above him was just a large corporation. I never felt like the management had the nards to stand up to the course manager and tell him to back out of where he didn't belong... I was nothing more than a number.

There were several good years at GDIT until the Anteon merger polluted the work force with incompetence.

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Washington, DC

Pros

The growth and opportunity to advance were there for those that worked smart and could build teams.

Cons

After GDIT bought Anteon, the management team of Anteon gained influence and quickly destroyed the culture of this once great company. A sleaziness dealing with our customers and employees took root; I gathered my things and headed for the door.

Clean house and separate yourself from the Anteon culture. With any suggestion of impropriety, investigate and remove the cancer. In a decade, you might be able to restore your reputation around the beltway.

There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology