I like working here; good people; nice facilty

Current Employee - Analyst, Operations  in  Fayetteville, NC
Current Employee - Analyst, Operations in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good benefits; good hours; something different everyday

Cons

pay; can get a little boring

Other Reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology

Good company

Current Employee - Systems Administrator  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Tampa, FL

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good company, employment has been study but not sure of the future

Cons

continues to lose contracts and does not seem to be concened

Wake up, times are changing...Too much top management

Quality Specialist

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Autonomous work schedule. Specialists are allowed to plan and complete their assignments as they see fit, with exceptions.
    - Tools and systems are adequate, not out-of-date or difficult to use

Cons

- Workload is unrealistic. As a result, many early mornings and late nights required to complete the monthly assignments.
    - Department size is small. 500+ representatives to monitor AND coach, 11 QAs
    - Representatives are over-tasked with needless information and unattainable goals. As a result, they are conditioned to be unwilling to change.
    - There is no 'leave.' Should be offered and distributed as Comp. Time- as any time off must be compensated for.
    - Work environment is strange. I understand to a point - we must be overly-safe, as we work with sensitive information. Step one - Lockers in place, and zones where digital devices can be used was implemented, but unsuccessful. Current status: Any digital device of any kind cannot be permitted in the building (or risk immediate termination).

Hold individual team's supervisors to higher standards. Because supervisors aren't familiar or effective with scoring/evaluating their own representatives - QAs are left working twice as hard to correct behavior and attitudes that are left unattended by their own team leads.

Drug testing should be mandatory,

There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology.

Worked for General Dynamics Information Technology? Contribute to the Community!