There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology

Quality Specialist

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Autonomous work schedule. Specialists are allowed to plan and complete their assignments as they see fit, with exceptions.
- Tools and systems are adequate, not out-of-date or difficult to use

Cons

- Workload is unrealistic. As a result, many early mornings and late nights required to complete the monthly assignments.
- Department size is small. 500+ representatives to monitor AND coach, 11 QAs
- Representatives are over-tasked with needless information and unattainable goals. As a result, they are conditioned to be unwilling to change.
- There is no 'leave.' Should be offered and distributed as Comp. Time- as any time off must be compensated for.
- Work environment is strange. I understand to a point - we must be overly-safe, as we work with sensitive information. Step one - Lockers in place, and zones where digital devices can be used was implemented, but unsuccessful. Current status: Any digital device of any kind cannot be permitted in the building (or risk immediate termination).

Hold individual team's supervisors to higher standards. Because supervisors aren't familiar or effective with scoring/evaluating their own representatives - QAs are left working twice as hard to correct behavior and attitudes that are left unattended by their own team leads.

Drug testing should be mandatory,

494 Other Employee Reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology (View Most Recent)

Very Dissatisfied with this company don't work for them!!!

Current Employee - Claims Representative in Coralville, IA
    Current Employee - Claims Representative in Coralville, IA

Pros

Nothing is a pro for this company.

Cons

Workiung for a company with no pay increases.

Overall, generally good experience with the company

Current Employee - Principal Training and Development Specialist in Sierra Vista, AZ

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology (more than 3 years)

Pros

In my specific profession, this is the only real place to have a "9-5" without travel. The pay is pretty good.

Cons

In my workplace, there are a lot of critics watching, and when the government makes cuts, we are the first people to go.

Annual bonuses instead of minor raises would be a benefit for most families during the holiday season.

There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology