General Dynamics Information Technology

Engaged Employer

Grief not gratitude

Current Intern - Analyst in Des Moines, IA
Current Intern - Analyst in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to interview. The manager in charge of the project was good.

Cons

Too many other managers. One manager did not even know the content of the project leaving the tasks to 1 experienced employee and 1 new person. No project was ever denied even when there was no man-power left to perform a task. People were reprimanded by management for bringing up possible solutions to saving more jobs. Also reprimanded for not getting proper training within the company and being expected to know too much after 3 months. No gratitude for working 50 hours a week as an intern just to get projects accomplished. Very disappointed with how they treat a new person. Promises of a position with benefits but no follow through.

Advice to Management

Do not grant people management roles when they do not even know what their team is doing. Management should facilitate meetings. That's why they are managers.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Management is a joke

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sandy, UT

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not a lot to say here. The other csr's are generally good people but rarely last after interactions with management.

Cons

I work at the sandy branch and I am here to tell you to avoid it at all costs. The lack of respect and trust from upper management is insulting, supervisors on power trips and promised incentives dishonored. This company still owes me money and anyone I ask about getting this money gives me the cold shoulder. Frankly this company could get in a lot of trouble for the way this branch is running things, the labor commission should be notified

Advice to Management

When given a badge, use it to encourage and motivate your team, rather than dictate it.

2. Working for General Dynamics was a pleasant experience.

Former Employee - Training Specialist in Fort Huachuca, AZ
    Former Employee - Training Specialist in Fort Huachuca, AZ

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The compensation and benefits package were very good.The work environment was great and the supervisors were always available to help with any issues.

Cons

I really can't think of any downsides of being employed by General Dynamics.