There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology

Very good people to work with, good experience

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Warner Robins, GA
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Warner Robins, GA

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, Good benefits. Your contributions were notice by management. Issue tracking software was used effectively and not as a tool to grade our performance.

Cons

none that I can think of.

455 Other Employee Reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology (View Most Recent)

Makes General Dynamics Look Bad

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Sandy, UT

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Paid health insurance, yep that's about it

Cons

Supervisors with bully like approach. Managment unapproachable. I have felt extremely disposable from day one. I'm always worried about getting in trouble. It's truly a sweatshop like atmosphere. Was told that it was a 5 year contract and was promised job security, yet half the building was laid off. The head guy, who I will leave unnamed, is the most dis respectable, ignorant, selfish person I think I have ever met. I approached him regarding money the company owed me and he told he to never come in his office without his permission again. Sad really. I am threatened with termination on a Daily basis. I have been given so many" warnings" that I've lost track. I advice anyone who is thinking about working for this company when they hire again in September to think again. It has been nothing short of miserable. It went as far as calling meetings with csrs to inform us that we would be terminated if we ever said something negative to one the corporate visitors.

Put yourself on the csr level. Get off your high horse and be willing make adjustments. Stop calling meetings before the CEOs visit to make sure we don't tell them anything negative.

Mixed emotions for GDIT

Former Employee - Senior Analyst, Functional  in  Towson, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst, Functional in Towson, MD

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Well established and respected enterprise with broad range of career opportunities, both in the private sector and Government Contracting. Great and affordable benefits package, 401K (with employer match), generous leave accrual policy, decent communications from top-down.

Cons

Poor compensation rate, difficulty making upward or lateral moves due to the posting system. Recruiter department of HR are very close-lipped, lengthy (terminal) decision process, no contact if you are not selected. And the kicker, if your contract is cancelled or down-sized, GDIT will keep you hanging out for 30 days in order to not pay severance, and their idea of career assistance to re-place you within the organization is to send a list of open positions and it is up to the released employee to find, apply, interview, and hope for rehire.

I can only speak for the contract I worked on, but it has the feel of the 'old-boy' network, and if you don't gel with or kiss up to the clique, you are pretty much left to flap in the wind.

There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology

Worked for General Dynamics Information Technology? Contribute to the Community!