General Dynamics Information Technology

www.gdit.com
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology

Good company, health benefits have gone down the tubes.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good leave policy. Average benefits. Good people. Good all around. Good training, as well as good promotions if you work hard enough. Office culture varies by site.

Cons

Corporate management doesn't seem to know what is going on at the office level. HR is not very involved at all. The benefits were amazing a few years back (choice of Aetna/Cigna) but now have gone down the tubes with huge deductibles.

Advice to Management

Listen more.

Other Employee Reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology

1. Customer Service Rep. I

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lawrence, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lawrence, KS

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great job for a college student. Flexible work schedule arrangements, occasional overtime availability, benefits(health ins. and 401k) and tuition reimbursement as well as being close to campus. Good training. Competitive compared to other in-town offerings.

Cons

Considering the training one goes through(which is good), I'd have liked to have more in the way of employee growth. Limited position options for career growth.

Advice to Management

Great Company to work for. Would have liked more exposure on other career growth opportunities especially being a graduating college student.

2. I enjoy coming to work everyday.

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

My boss leave me alone to discover better ways to help do my job, to help others and to develop tools to make our jobs a whole lot easier.

Cons

We (V&V) department have been in limbo for the last year knowing that our contract is going to end. There is not a RFP out at this time when one was supposed to be out by CMS in October/November time frame (we are now in the middle of April). Not knowing what your future holds has a lot of us on edge and many are finding employment else where because of the uncertainty. We understand that there is nothing that the company can do about it. But we suffer just the same.

Advice to Management

Grab a backbone and start fighting for your employees. Stop saying "Yes" to every customer, ADO and PMBR demands. This lowers the moral of your employees and makes them feel isolated that they have no one in the corner for them. Let's get the bus tire tracks off of our backs.