General Dynamics Information Technology

www.gdit.com
  www.gdit.com
There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology

Good company, health benefits have gone down the tubes.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good leave policy. Average benefits. Good people. Good all around. Good training, as well as good promotions if you work hard enough. Office culture varies by site.

Cons

Corporate management doesn't seem to know what is going on at the office level. HR is not very involved at all. The benefits were amazing a few years back (choice of Aetna/Cigna) but now have gone down the tubes with huge deductibles.

Listen more.

502 Other Employee Reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology (View Most Recent)

Pretty fair wage, good benefits.

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The office culture was professional, my co-works took their jobs seriously. Good benefits that started after just 30 day, and life insurance from day one. All in all, a good company to work for.

Cons

Some of the lead persons' were not extremely well trained. Some were quite well on the phone, and knowledgeable, but lacked the leadership skills to help some of the struggling associates.

The management needs to understand that sometimes very important life situations come up. They only will give you 3 days for a personal matter, even if you are taxed with the job of processing a deceased loved ones' estate (which was out of my state, and took well over 3 days). They did not bend on this rule, and it cost me my job.

Customer Service Rep. I

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lawrence, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lawrence, KS

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great job for a college student. Flexible work schedule arrangements, occasional overtime availability, benefits(health ins. and 401k) and tuition reimbursement as well as being close to campus. Good training. Competitive compared to other in-town offerings.

Cons

Considering the training one goes through(which is good), I'd have liked to have more in the way of employee growth. Limited position options for career growth.

Great Company to work for. Would have liked more exposure on other career growth opportunities especially being a graduating college student.

There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology