General Dynamics Information Technology

www.gdit.com

Makes General Dynamics Look Bad

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Sandy, UT
Current Employee - Anonymous in Sandy, UT

Pros

Paid health insurance, yep that's about it

Cons

Supervisors with bully like approach. Managment unapproachable. I have felt extremely disposable from day one. I'm always worried about getting in trouble. It's truly a sweatshop like atmosphere. Was told that it was a 5 year contract and was promised job security, yet half the building was laid off. The head guy, who I will leave unnamed, is the most dis respectable, ignorant, selfish person I think I have ever met. I approached him regarding money the company owed me and he told he to never come in his office without his permission again. Sad really. I am threatened with termination on a Daily basis. I have been given so many" warnings" that I've lost track. I advice anyone who is thinking about working for this company when they hire again in September to think again. It has been nothing short of miserable. It went as far as calling meetings with csrs to inform us that we would be terminated if we ever said something negative to one the corporate visitors.

Put yourself on the csr level. Get off your high horse and be willing make adjustments. Stop calling meetings before the CEOs visit to make sure we don't tell them anything negative.

Other reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology

Decent when I started but management seems unsupportive, culture became cliquish, health benefits dried up on the vine

Current Employee - IT Professional
    Current Employee - IT Professional

Pros

Company was good for the first year.

Cons

Initially was able to participate in areas in which I had significant subject matter expertise. Upper management seems oblivious to tech so middle management had to translate needs...and does so poorly. See people with little expertise get ownership of projects and they go nowhere. Poor training opportunities for remote workers - all training seems to be focused on larger offices. Expense handling systems are at best onerous and at worst beyond frustrating. Pay seems average but benefits may be the weakest of any company I have ever worked at. Rarely see kudos for accomplishments.

Promote training to employees who want it to increase value to the company. Meritocracy, not high school cliquishness, should be the driving force in a good company. More than once I had HR questions I emailed the policy writers about and the emails went unanswered. Offer some benefit options instead of forcing everyone to one plan with poor coverage.

Mixed emotions for GDIT

Former Employee - Senior Analyst, Functional  in  Towson, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst, Functional in Towson, MD

Pros

Well established and respected enterprise with broad range of career opportunities, both in the private sector and Government Contracting. Great and affordable benefits package, 401K (with employer match), generous leave accrual policy, decent communications from top-down.

Cons

Poor compensation rate, difficulty making upward or lateral moves due to the posting system. Recruiter department of HR are very close-lipped, lengthy (terminal) decision process, no contact if you are not selected. And the kicker, if your contract is cancelled or down-sized, GDIT will keep you hanging out for 30 days in order to not pay severance, and their idea of career assistance to re-place you within the organization is to send a list of open positions and it is up to the released employee to find, apply, interview, and hope for rehire.

I can only speak for the contract I worked on, but it has the feel of the 'old-boy' network, and if you don't gel with or kiss up to the clique, you are pretty much left to flap in the wind.

There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology.

Worked for General Dynamics Information Technology? Contribute to the Community!