There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology

Provides technical and planning support

Current Employee - Systems Integrator in Reston, VA
Current Employee - Systems Integrator in Reston, VA

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology

Pros

Encourages both internal and external training. Provides salary between contracts for a limited period of time. Staff is very friendly and easy to work with. Salaries are very competitive. Fairly easy to work across internal organizations.

Cons

Positions limited for those interested in Technical management. Client base limited to primarily government. Recommend management positions require more rigor and experience.

Recommend regular structured reviews with employees that comply with industry standards.

494 Other Employee Reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology (View Most Recent)

I like my job.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Hampton, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Hampton, VA

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology

Pros

Compensation has been good. I have been getting good raises every year. Education reimbursment has been very easy and is helping me earn my degree.

Cons

Being a subcontractor I do not have allot of interaction with main office.

Try and do more for offsite contractors. Some better team building experiences with employees that don't work with corporate would be nice also.

GDIT

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology

Pros

Good pay and benefits, flexible work times. In general good management and good opportunities to expand knowledge and skills. Good incentives for extra training or certifications.

Cons

Sometimes not very helpful when contracts are up with information or other in house job prospects. Could be more supportive with getting actual training in order to obtain new skills or certifications. Travel/Expense reporting can be a hassle.

Better support those who have a long history with the company in the form of training/learning opportunities and assistance in finding new positions within the company when contracts are changed or lost.

There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology