General Dynamics Information Technology

There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology

It has been great.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The level of experience of the staff.

Cons

It was far from home

Allow more telecommuting

559 Other Employee Reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology (View Most Recent)

Small Town Values, Huge Company.

Current Employee - Associate Specialist; Customer Service in Winchester, KY
    Current Employee - Associate Specialist; Customer Service in Winchester, KY

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This call center is a big place. It's spilt into two sides one is GDIT, the other is Pearl Interactive Network. it's located in a small southern town. it's like a big community. Now about the job. If you follow their policies, show up for work. And do you job, You can earn respect from the supervisors and management. With it being an IT company your constantly undergoing training. They do promote from within. So after six months you have the ability to apply for internal positions. The people are polite and very friendly. If you need help your Supervisors and Mangers are willing to assist you. Also the first year you get earned time off. And when the business is slow they may offer ATO.

Cons

Remember this is a customer service job. Meaning you deal with people from all walks of life. Some aren't always pleasant, but that's part of the job. Your Lunch is not considered in the pay. so you do work 8 hours and have a 30 min lunch. total of 8.3 hours in a day.

Your doing a great job. Keep on working hard so that our location can become the very best in GDIT.

Be Careful of What your expectations are beforehand

Former Employee - Systems Administrator VTC SME in Warner Robins, GA
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator VTC SME in Warner Robins, GA

I worked at General Dynamics Information Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's all about the customer. Your needs and opinion are not warranted. No matter of how much hard work and dedication you provide to this company, your needs are never important, even if this means that you are right, you are actually wrong when it comes to the customer.

Cons

Low pay. I actually saw some reviews that the pay was high, but don't believe this. I started with the company in 2012 and started out making $50,000 dollars per year for a job that should have been paying me near $70,000 starting pay. I never got a raise either year, in fact none of the other employees in my work place did not receive a raise either, it was horrible to think that a fortune 500 company like GDIT refused to give their employees raises, and on top of that you will not get any personal time off. One thing that really upset me was when it snowed in Georgia:Warner Robins AFB we had to use our personal holiday hours for days off, because the company did not want to cover the cost of employees taking or using alternative leave as an option, even though the Air force had already paid for those days. I never use a review to write a negative review but I want to caution anyone looking for employment with this company to be aware because I wish I had, and there are many people still working at Warner Robins GA who feel the same way, but they can't find employment anywhere else to get away.

Nothing worth saying because it will never matter what the employee says, because the customer is always right regardless of the situation.

There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology