General Dynamics Information Technology

www.gdit.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology

Working in Iraq

Current Employee - Web Developer in Baghdad (Iraq)
Current Employee - Web Developer in Baghdad (Iraq)

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology

Pros

Opportunity to advance career and upgrade your skill set while making very good money.

Cons

It's in a war zone and management is most concerned with making sure they make money on the contract.

GDIT pays well enough to attract premier talent. It just seems to be a waste to get these people and let them go. Also managment on the ground in theater could be much more aggressive in traveling to customer sites and selling new business.

558 Other Employee Reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology (View Most Recent)

Overall a good experience.

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology

Pros

Great place and people to work for.

Cons

Need to promote from within. GDIT has some qualified personnel within their organzation that is not getting looked at for better position. It is sad!

Look within the company for well qualified personnel.

Do you really want to work for the gov't?

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer

I have been working at General Dynamics Information Technology

Pros

Good teamwork within a contract. Still feels like a growing company. Benefits are pretty good. Work environment is comfortable. Better than being unemployed.

Cons

Working for the gov't involves lots(!) of red tape and more documentation than I thought possible. Don't get me wrong, I understand the importance of documentation but what they require is just over the top. For such a large company they are extremely cheap about spending money on IT. Funding for basic IT needs gets charged to contracts rather than overhead which leads to a tenuous situation when the contract ends regarding the disposition of hardware/software. Pay is a little on the low side. The level of IT knowledge seems to be on the lower side. I don't consider myself a guru on anything but I had to explain simple things like VLANs to my office several times (and I'm still not sure they 'get it').

There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics Information Technology