General Dynamics Land Systems
www.gdls.com Sterling Heights, MI 5000+ Employees

Some good people, but can feel like an unemployment program for engineers

I have been working at General Dynamics Land Systems

ProsGood people (although many are leaving now)
Good pay, benefits, 9/80 schedule

ConsOld-school managerial style
Old technology (Lotus Notes)
General lethargic pace of work

Advice to Senior ManagementMark - I know you are a first class President, and the company is lucky to have you. However, at every level below you, it seems as if the company is structured to go everything in the least logical and least efficient way possible. You have some first class talent that is bored out of their minds, and worried that they will not be marketable if they don't leave soon.

You know how passionately and effectively we improved our time card compliance systems? We went to school in order to exert the same passion for engineering.

Be prepared for a management style that rewards the week and ignores the strong

Engineering (Current Employee)

I have been working at General Dynamics Land Systems

Pros: Medical Benefits at GD are great. Cons: Vacation time is a little low. Some departments it take… Advice to Senior Management: Provide leadership training and personal skills training to middle management. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not what it used to be

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at General Dynamics Land Systems

Pros: 9/80 schedule Health care benefits including number of sick days allowed is good It's fulfilling to know you're working to help the soldier… Cons: There used to be many opportunities for advancement and professional development at GDLS but not anymore. Over the past few years everything has been… Advice to Senior Management: Quit ignoring your employees and treating them so poorly. Change the performance rating system to actually rate an employees performance instead of a general… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on General Dynamics Land Systems.

Worked for General Dynamics Land Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Dynamics Land Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for General Dynamics Land Systems CEO Mark C. Roualet. All reviews posted anonymously by General Dynamics Land Systems employees.