General Dynamics Land Systems

www.gdls.com

GDLS is a great place to be when the government funding is flowing!

Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) Sterling Heights, MI

ProsI met a lot of really good people working at General Dynamics Land Systems. If you are a valued employee you can be put on a good program where you can have opportunity, job satisfaction, and growth. There are some really smart and talented leaders in the Systems organization.

ConsThe work that GDLS has is government contract work. The funding levels are declining and GDLS is going through some workforce reductions. There will undoubtedly be some reorganization and instability for a while. There are some weak leaders in the subsystems organization. Subsystems Engineering is attempting to protect head levels instead of cutting dead weight and protecting more talented employees like systems engineering has done. This means the core of the company's product is getting weaker. They need to get better people in the chief eningeer positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe structure is inefficient. There is no need to have leads for program, project, systems and subsystems engineering. There are more leads than people to do the work. You should not need a DDM in order to take a restroom break.

Good Pay & Benefits

Project Engineering Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at General Dynamics Land Systems full-time

Pros: Good Pay & Benefits Secure employment in Sterling Heights Cons: They have been quite unfair to some who have been… Advice to Senior Management: Invest some of you money into fair priced product upgrades… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Lost my Vote

Logistics Support Technician (Former Employee) Woodbridge, VA

I worked at General Dynamics Land Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: It was work and occasionally exciting when the project worked. The annual golf tourney and Christmas party… Cons: Job promotions were announced, only after a candidate had already been selected. No chance of moving up the chain,… Advice to Senior Management: Get management that can run a business. The upper management was only… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on General Dynamics Land Systems.

Worked for General Dynamics Land Systems? Contribute to the Community!