There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics

Anteon working for the employees as well as the customer.

Former Employee - Program Manager in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Program Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at General Dynamics

Pros

They respect and give incentive to each employee, the company vision is driven from corporate down to each employee. Anteon offers a wide variety of information technology and engineering services that help our customer do their jobs more efficiently and effectively, and from the corporate level on down the old adage of the "Customer is always right" helps define that through out our organization. The real philosophy impacts the employees because the corporate definition of customer also includes the internal ones, this fosters respect for your fellow coworkers. There is competition between business units but respect for each other is foremost.

Cons

Many locations so hard to make sure that each employee is performing to excellence or when they encounter a problem to assist in resolving the issue.

Advice to Management

Keep talking to employees and let the information flow.

reviews filtered by
  1. Happy for the most part

Former Employee - Senior Instructor in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Instructor in Washington, DC

I worked at General Dynamics

Pros

I worked for a small group who was formerly part of a smaller company that GD had bought out. Within my immediate circle of coworkers and management, we were well taken care of. Concerns were always addressed and time off was given without hassle as long as the job was being done and the client was happy. We also regularly got together for lunches to touch base. I was very well-trained on the job and given plenty of time to acclimate before "thrown in." There was an overall sense of comraderie and openness that made it almost a perfect work situation.

Cons

The benefits weren't the greatest, but probably comprable with what most of us are getting nowadays. Aetna PPO... very limited on who you could see. I think that it's quite possible that outside of out little corner of GD, there were the typical politics and dog-eat-dog sort of corporate issues. If you can, stick to the Anteon crew. That's the name of the company my program had come from. This was a smaller company and GD basically just absorbed all the same people. We provided orientation courses to different agencies within DOD. It was a well-respected program by its clients.

Advice to Management

none

One of the best company's to work for

Current Employee - Senior Technician in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Technician in San Diego, CA

I have been working at General Dynamics

Pros

Advancement is great ,the company looks after its employees.Great work and home life balance.

Cons

The downside to this company is their referral program that helps them recruit employees into the company.

Advice to Management

Look for new talent within Senior Technicians