General Dynamics

www.generaldynamics.com

Anteon working for the employees as well as the customer.

Former Employee - Program Manager  in  Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Program Manager in Orlando, FL

Pros

They respect and give incentive to each employee, the company vision is driven from corporate down to each employee. Anteon offers a wide variety of information technology and engineering services that help our customer do their jobs more efficiently and effectively, and from the corporate level on down the old adage of the "Customer is always right" helps define that through out our organization. The real philosophy impacts the employees because the corporate definition of customer also includes the internal ones, this fosters respect for your fellow coworkers. There is competition between business units but respect for each other is foremost.

Cons

Many locations so hard to make sure that each employee is performing to excellence or when they encounter a problem to assist in resolving the issue.

Keep talking to employees and let the information flow.

Other reviews for General Dynamics

Happy for the most part

Former Employee - Senior Instructor  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Instructor in Washington, DC

Pros

I worked for a small group who was formerly part of a smaller company that GD had bought out. Within my immediate circle of coworkers and management, we were well taken care of. Concerns were always addressed and time off was given without hassle as long as the job was being done and the client was happy. We also regularly got together for lunches to touch base. I was very well-trained on the job and given plenty of time to acclimate before "thrown in." There was an overall sense of comraderie and openness that made it almost a perfect work situation.

Cons

The benefits weren't the greatest, but probably comprable with what most of us are getting nowadays. Aetna PPO... very limited on who you could see. I think that it's quite possible that outside of out little corner of GD, there were the typical politics and dog-eat-dog sort of corporate issues. If you can, stick to the Anteon crew. That's the name of the company my program had come from. This was a smaller company and GD basically just absorbed all the same people. We provided orientation courses to different agencies within DOD. It was a well-respected program by its clients.

none

Everything you would expect from a fortune 500 company not a drop more and not a drop less.

Current Employee - Windows Administrator  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Windows Administrator in Washington, DC

Pros

Great place to work if you are just coming out the military. I would say 6out of every 10 employees. Has served in the United States armed forces. So if you like working with military personnel than you would enjoy working for GD.

Cons

The corporate nature where the company is first in all case. General Dynamics likes to pigeon hold you in your current career track. They will not support training if you plan to start a new career track. They are a very conservative company when it comes to salary.

Be more personal and support growth more. Support employees ambitions to try new careers. Take care of your stakeholders because you never know who will be a force of influence in the future.

There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics.

Worked for General Dynamics? Contribute to the Community!