General Dynamics
www.gendyn.com Falls Church, VA 5000+ Employees

Great benefits, stability and a really decent environment.

Shared Services (Current Employee)
Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at General Dynamics

ProsGD is a solid company with a great history, great reputation and incredible stability given the current and recent downturns in the employment market. The diversity of products and services almost ensure that the company can not only survive but prosper through changes in goverment leadership, spending and economic downturns.

ConsCertain aspects of the company can be considered conservative while others are highly innovative and cutting-edge. There is still a large ex-military population of employees which serves the culture both positively and negatively. Overall, not many downsides that wouldn't be seen in other companies just in different ways.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work. Continue to maintain and/or grow marketshare in all industries. Keep our good name with the Street and with our customer communities.

They have lost there way as a technology development company!

Engineering Test Technician (Current Employee)
Fairfax, VA

I have been working at General Dynamics

Pros: Benifits package and vacation time is very good. Cons: They seem to think that engineering staff are here to serve the "professional staff". The company is turning into an admin… Advice to Senior Management: Refocus on being a technology company again. The paper pushers are here only to execute what technologies that are developed. And ask your self why… More

Typical Large Corporation.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at General Dynamics

Pros: Job security. Benefits of a large corporation. Fairly flexible hours, depending on your… Cons: Large corporation hassles and red tape. Health plan has gone downhill. Some very poor managers some how stay around… Advice to Senior Management: Better communication. Plan tasks better in order to avoid the all too common "hurry we must stay on schedule" even though people are wasting hours… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on General Dynamics.

Worked for General Dynamics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Dynamics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for General Dynamics CEO Phebe N. Novakovic. All reviews posted anonymously by General Dynamics employees.