General Dynamics
www.gendyn.com Falls Church, VA 5000+ Employees

Be ready to work and CYA

Subcontracts Manager (Former Employee)
Marion, IL

I worked at General Dynamics

ProsReal World Mission of supporting troops and second hand making a difference.
Very good Christian folks for the most part. There is a team attitude with a couple exceptions to the rule.

ConsThis is an organization from WWII. Little has changed since, nor is it likely. The paneling is original from the period as is the rest of the place.
The expectations of some are great, while others loaf. There is a nepotism of sorts in that it is a very tight group that has run the place for decades.
Change management is preached, but not implemented.
There are a couple big time asses that somehow manage to stay in middle management despite their incredible ineptitude and lack of people skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some of that quarterly bonus on some of the people in the trenches that work late trying to make the end of month quotas.

Review of General Dynamics

Project Analyst (Current Employee)
Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at General Dynamics

Pros: The pros to working at General Dynamics include the following: competitive… Cons: The culture is very engineering centric. The ability for advancement… Advice to Senior Management: The advice I would give to leadership would be to have more clearly… More

General Dynamics IT

Laguna Niguel, CA

I have been working at General Dynamics

Pros: General Dynamics is an excellent company. Every aspect, here and on the… Cons: Since it is a contractor for a Government installation, it… Advice to Senior Management: Management of this company is very good, however I would like to see them offer the same hours and working schedules as the government.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on General Dynamics.

Worked for General Dynamics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Dynamics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for General Dynamics CEO Phebe N. Novakovic. All reviews posted anonymously by General Dynamics employees.