Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at General Dynamics

Pros

Good Benifits!! Good work environment.

Cons

Very, Very, Very large company.,

Advice to Management

none

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Inside the doors of Axsys Surveillance - what really goes on

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

I have been working at General Dynamics

Pros

The products we offer are very exciting and help to protect the men and women in our military as well as law enforcement and fire departments across the country. It's a good feeling knowing we're helping to keep people safe.

Cons

The different departments within the Nashua facilities need to work together as a team to achieve the goals to meet our customer's expectations. There isn't a strong leadership team with regard to upper management. Employees who work hard to promote the best interests of the company are not recognized for their efforts and are held back.

Advice to Management

My advice to the upper management team over Axsys Nashua is that they should take a good hard look at requirements for good, solid leadership and determine if their upper management team has what it takes to lead the company. If the employees are unhappy or discouraged and believe they aren't being recognized for work well done then the morale will go down as well as productivity. Axsys should consider hiring human resource personnel who have the experience and know how to balance between management and the employees. Management also needs to give recognition and offer advancement where it is due.

Management

Current Employee - Project Manager in Shelby, MI
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Shelby, MI

I have been working at General Dynamics

Pros

Important work for National Security

Cons

Way too Bureaucratic. Too Stovepiped. Not entrepreneurial. Will not take risks. Sole Source mentality. Constantant, endless Powerpoint briefings. No one will make a decision. Too afraid of risking their position. Directors are skating to retirement.

Advice to Management

Fire the non producing Directors, like Jack Welch did at GE and Secy Gates did in DoD. Get some young entrepreneurial blood in the Directors line. Not guys who are in their 60's looking to retire. Hold them accountable. Duh!!! Set goals and targets and demand they be met!!! Encourage prudent risk taking. Be willing to advance fund contracts (AWARs) so that we can intelligently perform!!! Be willing to fund inventory--when it makes prudent, business sense. Realize that if you don't change, you will become irrelevant!!!