There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics

Avoid General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies Richardson, TX like the plague.

Current Employee - Material Planner I in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Material Planner I in Dallas, TX

I have been working at General Dynamics

Pros

The General Dynamics name looks good on your resume, but SATCOM Technologies is just a small to medium sized company owned by General Dynamics which isn't run anything like the real General Dynamics company, and has none of the good benefits that a large company has.

Cons

See rewiews listed under SATCOM Technologies without a location to see the actual SATCOM Technologies ratings & reviews.
I worked at General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies, located in Richardson, TX as a Materials and Production Planner / Coordinator for over 4.5 years and there was never any acknowledgement or appreciation shown for any of the many good things done because they were so busy constantly trying to find anything they could find that wasn’t 100% accurate 100% of the time, which they would make things up and lie if they couldn't find something done 100% accurate.
The company is owned by General Dynamics in name, but is actually a small to medium sized company that operates under its own rules which they'll twist around and make up as they go along to suit their needs at the moment.
Their job descriptions on job postings nearly always list “other duties as assigned” so they can keep adding more and more duties you’re responsible for doing. And if you inform them you’re already performing the greatest number of tasks you can possibly do, they just say you need to work more overtime to keep up or they’ll force you to work up to 60 hrs by making it mandatory. Management will lie and twist what you say and what they’ve said around to meet whatever their need is at that moment, and the employee is always guilty no matter that written documentation you have to prove your innocence all the way up to the corporate office in Duluth GA.
The duties listed in the job description I hired in under as a Materials Planner I only listed a small portion of the duties I was performing when I finally turned in my resignation. No matter what I did it was never good enough because everything had to be 100% accurate 100% of the time or I was written up for not performing an adequate job or not performing my job fast enough, even though my supervisor had no knowledge of what it took to do many of my duties which includes the manual forecasting on a 45 to 50 page MS Excel report. Other duties added that wasn't in the original job listing was the requirement to also plan and coordinate the purchasing, kitting, and building of production jobs, managing the FG inventory and performing all inventory transactions in their inventory program that is little more than an accounting program with a limited inventory module included. I was also responsible for verifying that all inventory transactions had been performed prior to accounting closing the job charge numbers, turning in purchase requisitions in to purchasing for all common stock used on the manufacturing floor, inventory and WIP cycle counting and many other duties not listed on the original job description other than what would fall under the “other duties as assigned” category.
HR and management throughout the company gives supervisors a free pass to treat their employees as badly as they would like. This way the company saves money by having an excuse to give employees even less of a pay increases than the normal low 2% annual rate increase that's normally given out to non-management employees. My supervisor and co-workers supervisors have admitted that our site management has had them lower our ratings they had given us on our yearly reviews to match what money and over all ratings they had already decided to give each employee earlier in the year.

SATCOM Technologies Management needs to learn to value and appreciate their employees when a good job is done, and not take them for granted and feel that they can treat their employees any way they like and expect them to stay around for long.
I had heard management say to me and several other employees that we should appreciate that we have a job and be willing to do whatever is asked of us because jobs are hard to come by these day’s, which is in no way a professional attitude or thing to say to your employees who are doing everything possible to do an excellent job and help the company perform at its best.

161 Other Employee Reviews for General Dynamics (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at General Dynamics

Pros

Good Benifits!! Good work environment.

Cons

Very, Very, Very large company.,

none

Be ready to work and CYA

Former Employee - Subcontracts Manager in Marion, IL
    Former Employee - Subcontracts Manager in Marion, IL

I worked at General Dynamics

Pros

Real World Mission of supporting troops and second hand making a difference.
    Very good Christian folks for the most part. There is a team attitude with a couple exceptions to the rule.

Cons

This is an organization from WWII. Little has changed since, nor is it likely. The paneling is original from the period as is the rest of the place.
    The expectations of some are great, while others loaf. There is a nepotism of sorts in that it is a very tight group that has run the place for decades.
    Change management is preached, but not implemented.
    There are a couple big time asses that somehow manage to stay in middle management despite their incredible ineptitude and lack of people skills.

Spend some of that quarterly bonus on some of the people in the trenches that work late trying to make the end of month quotas.

There are newer employer reviews for General Dynamics