General Employment Enterprises

www.generalemployment.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for General Employment Enterprises

Not a place I would recommend

Former Employee - Recruiter
Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at General Employment Enterprises

Pros

Good at getting you to move out of your comfort zone and take action toward goals. Would stand over you and push you to make calls.

Cons

Very little support or training from management. Very much like a boiler room environment. Embarrassing when meeting with clients and someone would be yelling out an order or ringing a bell.

Advice to Management

Spend more time developing employees and client relationships. Listen to your employees and have some flexibility with fees and guarantees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Fast-paced atmosphere, that is rewarding but is WORK

Current Employee - Recruiter in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Columbus, OH

I have been working at General Employment Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

These guys know there stuff, and I have learned so much in a short time. Lots of training, but you are expected to apply the training you learn and grow. Great daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly contests - Including trips. Those are revolved around production....so to be there you are expected to make placements.

You will be on the phone - but that allows you to learn the market from all angles.

You are handling both sides of the deal which means you are in control of the applicants and the employers needs and filling them.

There is a base plus commission (some previous posts say otherwise). It's a graduated rate up to 50%.

Cons

It is an open environment and can get loud, so you have to be able to be comfortable with that and this also requires you to be doing what is expected of you - making phone calls to companies, interviewing applicants. I believe it is designed that way to promote your hot needs, and make sure everyone can be on the same page - But could be distracting.

Advice to Management

More role-playing, and sales training.

2. Worst job I have ever had! If interviewing, run as fast as you can away from this company!

Former Employee - Recruiter in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Columbus, OH

I worked at General Employment Enterprises (Less than a year)

Pros

Aggressively pushes candidates/clients to close the deal.

Cons

This is by far the worst job I have ever had, which is saying a lot because I've had some awful jobs through college. The Branch Manager, bullies his employees, and will berate you in front of staff and candidates without remorse. You're not allowed to run your own search on the job boards. They have you use pen and paper to create a call sheet. If you want to source resumes, you have to fill out a slip of paper and hand it to a front desk person who doesn't know what a boolean search is. Because of the business plan the coworkers are forced to be cut-throat, which leads to no team environment what so ever.
    You start out making $10 p/hr on a draw, and typically you don't even make your first placement until a few months in, therefore you're constantly paying back your draw and it can take a good amount of time to see your first commission check. And your commission statements are giving to you with no way to verify the company is accurate with your commissions.
    Many times I called hiring managers that were using other agencies and once they found it I was from General Employment they would tell me that they would not work with me.

Advice to Management

Change the structure to encourage more of a team atmosphere, and place focus on building relationships with clients and candidates.