General Employment Enterprises

www.generalemployment.com
  www.generalemployment.com
There are newer employer reviews for General Employment Enterprises

General Employment has given me every opportunity and all the tools that I need to be successful.

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Woburn, MA
Current Employee - Branch Manager in Woburn, MA

I have been working at General Employment Enterprises

Pros

Unbeatable compensation potential. BEST commission structure in the industry. Unmatched training from people that are currently doing the job. If you are a hard worked and have an internal drive to succeed this is the place for you to realize your true potential.

Cons

The only downsides are your own personal limitations. This job is as close to pure capitalism as you can get. If you work hard and put in the effort you will realize the rewards. If you are looking for someone to meet you half way this will not be the place for you. There is no glory for those who what to do 99% of the job.

General Employment has a history of grooming some of the best leaders in the industry. Keep looking for the new blood that will be the 40 year success stories 40+ years from now.

7 Other Employee Reviews for General Employment Enterprises (View Most Recent)

General Employment works for me

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at General Employment Enterprises

Pros

General Employment has given me the opportunity to fulfill all of my career aspirations. If you desire a job that allows you to perform sales, marketing and communication in 1 move, this is the place for you. Management support is very good and they allow unique ideas to be assessed. The ability to think "outside the box" has allowed me to professionally flourish. I highly advise a recruiter to look into job with this great company. I know I'll be here forever due to the salary, work schedule and support of upper management in theses times. Great job; great company.

Cons

Located in Scottsdale, its a hike for me. But thats my fault.

Continue the good work

Bad News, Company On Last Leg

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at General Employment Enterprises full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Can earn decent money if your self motivated. Company has been successful for many decades until the last year or so. I wish I could write more Pros, but I can't think of any right now. Company used to be made up of great people trying to accomplish great things, but we’ve really lost our direction. It’s sad, and with the new management it’s even worse. We hired a new operational guy that may understand the industry, but I think too little too late.

Cons

New CEO doesn’t understand, or seem to care to understand our industry. He never talks to the peon's like us, the people who are keeping this company alive, I guess we’re not “corporate" enough. If he did he’d know how detrimental it was to lose our new ATS system. All of our data (candidate and client information) was lost! This cost me huge. Months of data entry lost, and no one seems to really care. Now they want us to sign these really aggressive non-compete employment agreements tying us down, while reducing our commission rates. That’s the straw that broke the camels back for me. New management seems to think that new software, new policies and new agreements will make this company successful. It won't, perhaps marketing, training, and a Corporate staff that knows the business would be a good place to start. Super disappointed with our new direction and management.

Just tell us what’s going on, the press releases say the future is bright, while the financials say were losing millions over the last 18 months. It seems like our future is getting far worse not better. Please put someone in charge of the company who knows the industry and is passionate about the company. I came to work here to earn a decent living and hopefully enjoy my profession. Unfortunately, both of those things are quickly going away.

General Employment Enterprises Response

Oct 2, 2014Marketing Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. As a company, we're always striving to improve, and so we take reviews seriously. We understand that there has been internal change at our company ... More

There are newer employer reviews for General Employment Enterprises