GGP

Current Employee - Ad, Inistrative Assistant  in  Christiana, DE
Current Employee - Ad, Inistrative Assistant in Christiana, DE

I have been working at General Growth Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

pay is competitve, fabulous coworkers

Cons

Company could improve on health benefits.

Other Reviews for General Growth Properties

Still a good company, used to be great

Former Employee - Senior Finance Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Finance Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at General Growth Properties full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Values high performing employees, adequate pay and benefits, and before the bankruptcy filing senior management was very approachable. Every day was a different challenge. Bankruptcy filing was stressful, but was a great learning experience. Overall I'm happy to say I have worked here.

Cons

Hours can get long. The chaotic nature of the bankruptcy process never let up as new management was brought in. Employees that were there before the bankruptcy filing were treated differently, as if it was somehow their fault the company was in that situation. Mass layoffs decimated morale. Company is taking steps to improve, but it's coming along slowly.

Just because you were brought in to fix the mess of bankruptcy, don't assume everyone who has a history there is part of the problem. The new organizational structure is heavily weighted on middle management, many of them relatively new hires. This has done nothing to improve morale after a lengthy and difficult bankruptcy process that saw staff reduced by 25%.

Typical corporation -- take the good with the bad

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at General Growth Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

I had an OUTSTANDING supervisor who never micromanaged and completely trusted me judgment so she made this one of my favorite jobs of all time. I also thought the HR person who recruited me was just awesome to work with -- if either of these women asked me to come all the way to Chicago and paint their houses, I totally would. In a heartbeat. They were that good.

Cons

When my boss was on maternity leave, the replacement supervisor was absolutely terrible. She made rash business decisions that were hugely detrimental and when I tried to offer alternative ideas that were far more rational, she involved Human Resources and basically tried to get me fired. It was, hands down, the most unprofessional treatment I ever received. The HR person involved was also EXTREMELY unprofessional -- the the extent that I started audio recording our conference calls in the event they actually tried to terminate me. Luckily, my supervisor returned and I never had to work directly with the temporary supervisor again. I did have to work with the HR person again and she continued to be unreliable during my tenure there.

I experienced the best and worst professional treatment of my life working for GGP. Why such extremes? Overall, though, I enjoyed my time working for GGP.

There are newer employer reviews for General Growth Properties.

Worked for General Growth Properties? Contribute to the Community!