General Growth Properties

www.generalgrowth.com

Great if you fit the in crowd

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsThe Company cares about its employees in general and they provide you with all of the tools to do your job. Very supportive if you ask for help or you need additional resources. They have a great support system with National Operations in our sector. Lots of great people work here and I have made good friends. Very friendly overall.

ConsIf you are not mainstream meaning you do not dedicate time to schmoozing upper management and drinking with them at the bar, spending time with them outside of work, and behave in a manner in other wise non-threatening to them you will be stuck without any advancement opportunity and you will always receive the blame for what goes wrong. There are numerous pockets like this or what I would call "kingdoms" in the company and if you navigate the political waters carefully when you start your career here you will be fine. Make sure any great ideas look like they are coming from your boss not you.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue people for what they bring to the table. Make sure that good positions are awarded on merit and not friendship and that additional focus is provided to training Managers on appropriate work relationships. Drinking at the bar and forming personal relationships with subordinates is wrong and it makes good,dedicated, and hard working individuals feel like outsiders in their own team. Pay attention to the whole team and place equal emphasis on all of your team members' ideas and thoughts. Hold people accountable for results and do not accept blame shifting tactics as an acceptable reason for failure. Investigate all issues thoroughly and base your findings on facts only not emotional response.

Good until we filed Bankruptcy, then downhill.

Vice President Construction (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

I worked at General Growth Properties

Pros: Good Pay! They treat people well. Cons: Communication from the top very poor. Advice to Senior Management: Get some "People Persons" there to get the employees engaged… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Ealy on it was fun and interesting but since BK it has been shaky.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at General Growth Properties

Pros: The compensation and benifits package seem fare, talented and extremly dedicated group for the most part, recently… Cons: Since the bankruptcy employee morale has been low due to massive layoffs that continue to this day. I guess this is expected when… Advice to Senior Management: Once the company starts to get back on it's feet they should really start up the learning and development… More
There are newer reviews on General Growth Properties.

Worked for General Growth Properties? Contribute to the Community!