General Mills
www.generalmills.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

A great company to work for!

Minneapolis, MN

ProsThe perks are great! They are really good about work/life balance. Family time is respected and flexibility is encouraged. We are able to work from home when necessary. We can attend occassional school functions and it isn't frowned upon. The company really works to help you become the best employee you can be.

ConsThe main negatives are that the pay isn't always the best. But, they balance that with the perks. Sometimes, not making 6 figures is ok when I have more flexibility and great benefits. It evens things out a bit, and I think GMI knows that.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget to work with the lower levels. Those people who are non-exempt still have a lot to offer. A great deal of those people under level 12 have college degrees and are great assets to the company. Sometimes, the leadership can overlook them and focus more on the 12+ and I think it is a mistake.

Good brands but highly bureaucratic and slow moving organization

Associate Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
    Golden Valley, MN

I worked at General Mills

Pros: - Good brands to put on your resume - Flexible work time… Cons: - Highly bureaucratic / political organization. This organization is not a meritocracy. Cannot challenge management. Must support upper management's ideas even when they are not… Advice to Senior Management: Remove the bureaucracy in the organization. It's hindering the company from growing faster. Instead… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work

Senior Buyer (Former Employee)
    Golden Valley, MN

I worked at General Mills

Pros: Work - Life Balance is excellent Cons: Large company focused on quartuerly results Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on General Mills.

Worked for General Mills? Contribute to the Community!

General Mills – Why Work for Us?

Our brands. Your legacy. Fortune magazine ranks us as one of the 100 best companies to work for in the United States, and BusinessWeek has tabbed General Mills as one of the best places to launch a career. We're the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Mills reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for General Mills CEO Ken Powell. All reviews posted anonymously by General Mills employees.