There are newer employer reviews for General Mills

Simply one of the best

Current Employee - IS Developer  in  Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - IS Developer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at General Mills part-time

Pros

Excellent culture. Very smart people you work with. Family Oriented. Excellent work life balance. I really couldn't ask for more from GMI. Benefits are top notch.

The thing that kept me coming back to General Mills are the people, there is a General Mills personality that makes people want to be there. After being there for so long, it is extremely easy to make good friends at work.

Cons

I was not passionate about working with cereal and food products in general. However, I loved the people I worked with, so this was not a huge issue.

588 Other Employee Reviews for General Mills (View Most Recent)

I work hard for my money

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative

I have been working at General Mills full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits are great - medical, 401k, company vehicle. Flexibility of field location - work from home office. Company is well respected.

Cons

Poorly designed and ever changing sales territories. Lack of opportunity to advance or even make a lateral change within company with this position. IDP is a waste of time.

Rapport with customers is key to success. Stop changing account responsibility as often.

Great Company Overall

Current Employee - Team Leader  in  Hazleton, PA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Hazleton, PA

I have been working at General Mills full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very competitive pay, vacation, medical dental, retirement 401k.
    Lots of differing experience and development opportunity. Challenging projects and meaningful work off the bat.

Cons

Very political and every day is a show. Wherever you are someone might get a glimpse. Hopefully that person understands but may not and they will draw conclusions based on opinion rather than fact.. Very little accountabilty at any level that I have seen.

Try to understand the actual process as well as the management aspect. Respect can quickly be lost if you 'just manage people'

There are newer employer reviews for General Mills

Worked for General Mills? Contribute to the Community!