There are newer employer reviews for General Mills

Simply one of the best

Current Employee - IS Developer in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - IS Developer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at General Mills part-time

Pros

Excellent culture. Very smart people you work with. Family Oriented. Excellent work life balance. I really couldn't ask for more from GMI. Benefits are top notch.

The thing that kept me coming back to General Mills are the people, there is a General Mills personality that makes people want to be there. After being there for so long, it is extremely easy to make good friends at work.

Cons

I was not passionate about working with cereal and food products in general. However, I loved the people I worked with, so this was not a huge issue.

602 Other Employee Reviews for General Mills (View Most Recent)

Great Company Overall

Current Employee - Team Leader in Hazleton, PA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Hazleton, PA

I have been working at General Mills full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very competitive pay, vacation, medical dental, retirement 401k.
    Lots of differing experience and development opportunity. Challenging projects and meaningful work off the bat.

Cons

Very political and every day is a show. Wherever you are someone might get a glimpse. Hopefully that person understands but may not and they will draw conclusions based on opinion rather than fact.. Very little accountabilty at any level that I have seen.

Try to understand the actual process as well as the management aspect. Respect can quickly be lost if you 'just manage people'

A Great Experience

Former Employee - Business Planning Associate in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Business Planning Associate in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at General Mills full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great career opportunities - Especially for those right out of college
    Management in Foodservice Division continues to improve themselves and develop their employees.
    Headquarters has every amentity needed - fitness center, coffee shop, daycare, medical facility, grocery store, salon, gas station and a great cafeteria. (maybe too many as one would never have to leave)
    Heavily involved in diversity programs and local community charity events.
    Opportunties are boundless for networking and volunteering and the peoople I've worked with and for are wonderful (with the exception of a few, but that's true in any large organization)

Cons

The location - Minneapolis is fun, young and vibrant but it's cold for way too many months.

Hire me again when I get back to the Twin Cities...would love to do it all over again!!

There are newer employer reviews for General Mills